5.6.11

All right....who farted?

I didn't blog yesterday because I was too too exhausted! I started my day at 5:00am and it didn't end until 10:45pm. We headed for Rotorua today and our journey started with organizing 18 people at 6 am, one with food poisoning from his chicken salad sandwich that sat at room temp for 12 hours. Well...he learned that lesson.

Our bus provided delicious muffins, a welcome surprise at 6:40 in the morning. Once we got all our bags tagged and into the bus we were off. It was a really nice one, only three weeks old! Our driver was great he gave cultural, historical, and otherwise fun/interesting commentary for the whole drive. We stopped about two hours outside of Rotorua to visit the Waitomo glowworm caves. This was really exciting for me as I have been looking forward to that part of the trip.

On the DVDs "planet earth" by the BBC the is a cave episode and Waitomo is one of the places they go. The glowworms are bright blue and beautiful! They are gnat larvae and very small appearing like stars in a pitch black cave.

After we got to Rotorua a few of the girls, Sean, and I went to the grocery store for our first group meal cooked at the hostel. The girls decided to make spaghetti for dinner and we also had salads and bread. I helped them shop and stay in budget/buy enough food for 18 people. We also all did a little personal shopping.

There is a magical beverage I have discovered down here. Pink grapefruit sparkling soda. The unsettling thing about it is it smells like a bar of soap...the magical part is how freaking good it tastes! Omg. I am in love.

After dinner was the Polynesian Hot Pool spa. It is a spa set in an inactive volcano crater resulting in naturally hot water and a ridiculously heinous odor....and no it wasn't just a student lol. The sulfur here is quite strong as it is one of the largest geothermal hot spots in New Zealand. Every once in a while we'll catch a whiff of the sulfur At the hostel. We soaked so long my legs were red and itchy but my muscles were screaming THANK YOU at the top of their tiny muscle lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment